Thursday, October 20, 2011

Why is this here?

I never really followed football until Tim Tebow. Even though I'm married to a life-long Eagles fan but didn't care much about the game. I watched a little Dolphins football now and then but not often. Then Tim Tebow came on the scene and at a time when I wanted solid role models for my kids, there he was.

Now, of course, he's off to the Big Leagues and I still want to like the Gators but I really miss Urban Meyer/Tim Tebow. I appreciated that Urban kept his cool on the sidelines. After all, football is a tough physical game. Why scream and yell when you can just hit the guy on the next play. (Yes, I understand you can't hit the referees.)

Anyway, I've been amused and occasionally horrified by Muschamp's sideline antics. He looks like he's going to have a stroke. I haven't ever coached anything, much less an SEC/NCAA football team so maybe I just don't understand that system but I'm not sure what all that screaming accomplishes. I especially dislike seeing him scream at his players. They already know they screwed up. Hammering it home might make you feel better but I can't see that it improves their play.

So I want to collect video and thoughts about Muschamp on this blog. I study leadership and this exercise should be fun. I wish him well and hope the Gators can pull some more wins off for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment